Italian Turkey Meatloaf
This post may contain affiliate links. Read my disclosure policy here.
Italian Turkey Meatloaf made with lean ground turkey breast meat, Italian herbs and spices, plenty of fresh garlic and Romano cheese. Plus it’s only 1 smart point per serving!!
Italian Turkey Meatloaf
Italian Turkey Meatloaf that’s moist, full of herbs and Romano cheese and it takes just a few minutes to get into the oven.
Since the Freestyle system was announced last month it’s been so much fun going back over all the old recipes and wiping the points “slate” clean. Turkey, check. Eggs, check!
This Italian Turkey Meatloaf was a favorite of ours and for 1 measly point for 1/4 of the meatloaf you will LOVE LOVE LOVE it.
Plus, it is actually one of my absolute favorite sandwiches. I take 1 1/2 teaspoons of canola oil and use 1 teaspoon to sear the first side and the remaining half to sear the second side. Then once it is browned and crisp, I spread a thin layer of light mayo, roasted tomatoes (coming soon) and basil leaves onto sandwich bread for a 4 point filling before the bread. HEAVEN.
Second option, do the same sear, then add 1 tablespoon of parmesan cheese to the skillet, put the meatloaf slice back on top and press down to cook the parmesan into the meat and brown it. You can tell I’ve made sandwiches out of this recipe a few times.
Some more flavor options for this Turkey Meatloaf:
- Personally I’m not a huge fan of rosemary, but 1/4 teaspoon of dried rosemary would certainly work in the meatloaf.
- Add some tomato/fresh marinara sauce (0 points) to the top in the last fifteen minutes to brown.
- Make a fresh basil pesto to top the meat loaf or sandwiches.
Tools used in the making of this Italian Turkey Meatloaf:
Loaf Pan: Mine was available a few years ago from Crate and Barrel but this one is just as cute!
Meat Thermometer: Super inexpensive, makes cooking to the right temperature a breeze.
Italian Turkey Meatloaf (Weight Watchers Friendly)
Italian Turkey Meatloaf is Weight Watchers (1SP/serving) friendly, made with lean ground turkey breast meat, Italian herbs, garlic and Romano cheese.
- 1 pound ground turkey breast
- 1 egg
- 1/4 cup plain bread crumbs
- 3 tablespoons grated Romano cheese
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1/2 teaspoon Kosher salt
- 1/4 teaspoon coarse ground black pepper
- 2 teaspoons dried basil, divided
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano, divided
- 2 tablespoons chopped parsley
- Preheat the oven to 400 degrees.
- Add all the ingredients (reserve 1 teaspoon of the basil and 1/2 teaspoon of the oregano for the topping) to a bowl and mix until just combined.
- Spray a loaf pan with oil spray.
- Form the mixture into a loaf and sprinkle on the remaining herbs.
- Cook for 45-50 minutes until the mixture is at 160 degrees when tested with a thermometer.
- Let rest for five minutes before carving.
Yield: 4 servings, Serving Size: 1/4th recipe
- Amount Per Serving:
- Calories: 171 Calories
- Total Fat: 4g
- Saturated Fat: 1g
- Cholesterol: 152mg
- Sodium: 215mg
- Carbohydrates: 8g
- Protein: 32g
Made this recipe?
Cooking with Points owns the copyright on all images and text and does not allow for its original recipes and pictures to be reproduced anywhere other than at this site unless authorization is given. If you enjoyed the recipe and would like to publish it on your own site, please re-write it in your own words, and link back to my site and recipe page. Read my disclosure and copyright policy. This post may contain affiliate links.